I have been doing computer programming since childhood. I created my first website, for my school, in 2004. Since that I have done many projects using wide variety of technologis. Some of the projects are listed below.
Through my life I am driven by the desire to serve and help people that surround me. As a programmer I wouldn't be able to give so much direct help to the others as in the medical field. That is why in my high school I decided to become a medical doctor. Through my medical studies I continued doing IT projects and had a longing for the joy of programming. Now I understand that my passion is both medicine and IT. My mission is to combine skills from both fields to serve people the best I can.
|2011 — 2014||Jacek Kaczmarski High School in Olsztynek, Poland|
|2014 — 2021||Medical University of Warsaw, Doctor of Medicine|
|2004 — 2017||Self taught programmer|
|2016 - 2018||Chief of IT department in ACA Soli Deo (non-profit)|
|March 2018 — today||Architect and full-stack developer of WISE system in wise-team|
Highlights: Fullstack (Typescript + Vue + Node.js) + Java SE + Blockchain + cloud
|★★★★☆||Java SE 8 + advanced concurrent programming|
|★★☆☆☆||Python (scripting, data processing, interactions with hardware like oscilloscopes, DDS, custom sensors).|
|★★★★☆||Vue.js + vuex + vue-router|
|★★★☆☆||React + redux|
|★★★★☆||HTML5 + CSS3|
|★★★☆☆||Design: GIMP + Affinity Designer (vector)|
|★★★☆☆||Material design (+ Vuetify)|
|★★★★☆||Docker + docker swarm|
|★★★★☆||TDD (JUnit, Mocha, Jest, Tslint, Sinon, Istanbul/nyc, Codecov, Code Climate)|
|★★★★☆||NPM package publishing with (pipeline: travis + semantic-release)|
|★★★☆☆||Git + github + conventional commits|
|★★★☆☆||Linux (Debian family)|
|★★★☆☆||BASH + ZSH|
|★★★★☆||Steem Blockchain (2nd layer protocol architect)|
|★★★★☆||PostgreSQL + query profiling + NoSQL mode|
|★★★★☆||Nginx (proxy, ws, fastcgi, tsl/ssl, templating, dynamic)|
|★★★☆☆||OAuth (custom flow for Steemconnect with Passport.js and Hashicorps vault)|
|★★★☆☆||Firebase serverless / GCP elements|
|★★★☆☆||Bare metal server administration|
|★★☆☆☆||Amazon AWS (S3, EC2, IAM)|
|★★☆☆☆||Docker Swarm + bare metal server administration|
|★★★☆☆||Embedded programming: Platform.io/Arduino. IC families: STM32, ESP32, ATM8, nRF52|
|★★★☆☆||Cryptography with an understanding of several algorithms and associated threats. Did experimental implementations of these. I am also currently an administrator of two Hashicorp Vault servers at Wise.|
|★★☆☆☆||Operating measurement equipment: digital oscilloscope and DDS arbitrary function generator|
|★★☆☆☆||Electronic circuit design and board prototyping: Eagle|
|★★☆☆☆||Lan networks with complicated mesh setup|
2004-2017 — Self taught programmer
I was passionate about software development and studying algorithms since childhood, did thousands of hours of hobby programming. Most important projects from this period:
- 2006-2016: Websites for local organizations (Webdesign + backend) Stack: HTML/CSS, PHP/CakePHP, Worpdress (custom themes, custom plugins) + GIMP + Corel)
- 2009: Mailing system for local hospital. Biggest challenge: cooperation with IT department, training of hospital staff
- 2008-2012: MUD (text-based online multpliayer game) — the biggest of my hobby projects. It consisted of almost 60ksloc over 5 versions. I have learned advanced OOP design patterns and tested multiple distributed app design approaches (lifecycle, eventbus, reactive/observable). Latest version included an experimental 3D client written in Unity. Stack: SVN->Hg->GIT, Java SE, advanced concurrent programming, Jetty/Netty, custom WebSockets, SQLite, PostgreSQL, SSH, deployment to vps.
- 2015: Distributed photo library system. Management of huge photo library distributed over several external HDDs. The main tasks of the system were: segregation by event, removing duplicates, synchronizing the primary-backup hdd pairs, keeping central index. Stack: Java SE/Swing
- 2015-2016: domestic heating management system. Stack: ESP32, ST ARM, Java SE, RabbitMQ, mesh networking
2016-2018 — chief of IT department at academic catholic student association ASK Soli Deo (non profit)
Projects made at ACS Soli Deo include but are not limited to:
- Designing the website solideo.pl (which required custom backend) and posters for events.
- Implementation of HR and internal assets management system based on NextCloud.
- Music driven lighting system for big events (150+ participants). One of the responsibilities I have had at Soli Deo was to design and supervise lighting and sound equipment at events. As a hobby project, I have created a lighting system for large halls. This was a software and hardware project. A software DSP module was doing spectral analysis and feeding RGB data into a hardware modules. Hardware was the most innovative part of this project. I have developed an extremely cost-effective way of sending real-time RGB signal over long distances with minimal noise (instead of using voltage-driven DMX that requires shielded and capacity-adjusted expensive cabling, the system was using a current-loop circuits for which a flat telephone cable is enough to carry the signal).
03.2018-today — Architect and full-stack developer of Wise as wise-team.io
Stack: Steem blockchain + Typescript / Node.js / browser + Vue.js + Docker / swarm + PostgreSQL / PostgREST + Redis / socket.io + Hashicorp Vault + Travis + Ansible + Logz.io
Wise-team.io (https://wise-team.io/) is a blockchain startup. We run a Steem blockchain witness node and maintain two decentralized apps for Steem blockchain: Engrave and Wise. I am the architect and the leading developer of the WISE system. Wise is a platform that allows steem users to delegate their voting power to others under strictly defined and publicly visible criteria. It consists of a common library, a cli tool, a voting webapp, a delegator webapp, public database api, daemon service for non-technical users and a vault server for cryptographic key management. All services run in a self-deployable and self-managing cluster. All packages are open source and published to npmjs.com registry or to Docker cloud. Wise app: https://wise.vote/, the explanation: https://docs.wise.vote/, and the sources: https://github.com/wise-team.
05.2019-08.2019 — (non-profit project) Personalized patient advice system for local hospital
Stack: Firebase (Functions / Firestore / RealtimeDB / Auth / DynamicLinks / Hosting) + Typescript/Node.js/browser + Vue.js + + Android native + Google Play store + Travis
The idea behind this project was invented by two doctors on the Allergology Ward of the hospital. Patients and doctors on this ward have to cope with two problems: first — allergic test have long evaluation time and the results arrive at the hospital after patient discharge; second — the advice is often complicated and hard to remember by the patient. I was asked to develop a system that allows patient’s parents to view medical advices on their mobile devices. The advices are created by the doctors in the hospital and then, a deep link to the app is sent to the patient’s parent phone. Whole system uses a serverless approach with database, cloud functions and authentication provided by Firebase. Currently the system consists of a native Android app for parents and an electron based standalone desktop app for medical professionals. iOS app for parents and user management app are due to be done. This is a non-profit and open source (GPLv3) project. See on github: Jblew/amerykahospital-personalizedadvice
- TOP 9 Typescript in Poland, TOP 11 Vue.js in Poland on Codersrank.io: profile.codersrank.io/user/jblew .
- English C1
- Polish native
- Programming since I was 9 years old
- Interested in oncology - currently finishing a systematic review on pericytes and angiopoietins.
- Hobbies include algorithmics and programming, surrealistic art and reading psychological sci-fi literature.
- I enjoy small hands-on projects where I first plan out a complex design and then build it by hand. I have built electronic devices that I use in day to day life and art installations (including sculptures). They operate on IT systems and software which I have designed.
- Active member and elected Vice-chairman (2016-2017) of Academic Catholic Student Association Soli Deo.